Due to the continuing spread of COVID-19, the Athens Pride Car service has been suspended until further notice. Please check here for updates to the service. As an alternative, you may take recyclables to the Recycle Center, leave brush or large items like furniture for pick-up by the road, and donate clothes or toys to local charitable organizations.
Pride Car Details
The Athens Pride Car is a free service to residents of Athens. The pride car is intended for the disposal of large items such as appliances, furniture, and brush. It is delivered on the scheduled day to the resident and is picked up on a later day (see chart below), and transported to the landfill and emptied.
Pride car services are suspended until further notice. Please see the Covid-19 Notice above.
Some items cannot be put in the pride car, including, but not limited to:
- limbs over three (3) inches in diameter
- hot ashes
- food waste, animal waste, or human waste
- automobile parts (batteries, transformers, automobile fuel tanks, tires or any large automobile parts)
- combustible items (gas, oil, paint, lacquer thinner, pesticides, or empty paint/thinner cans, propane gas tanks)
- building materials (boards, shingles, lumber, concrete, blocks, rocks, bricks, asbestos, insulation, sheet rock dirt, gravel, or fill materials)
- appliances with compressor still intact (compressors must be professionally removed prior to pick up)
- loose leaves
- household garbage of any kind
Pride cars are only available for pick-up or delivery on Tuesdays and Fridays. Pride cars that are delivered on Tuesday will be picked up on Friday. Pride cars that are delivered on Friday are picked up the following Tuesday. Requests to keep Pride car for additional days cannot be accommodated due to the high demand of the service.
If the pick-up day falls on a holiday, it will be picked up the following working day.